BIO4E ambassador programme

Hi All

I am passing on this application, as I think it is a great opportunity for you to connect with others in the community science space! BIO4E is a group based at Stanford University with the goal to envision a world where biology is for everyone. We have been involved with them in their workshops looking to design ways to build out community science infrastructure and create a wonderful network of people in the space!

You can apply to be a BIO4E ambassador here and can learn more about the program and responsibilities here.

1 Like

Dear Prof. Jenny,
I want to express my genuine interest in applying for the BIO4E ambassador position you shared so far. It is a privilege for me to work with you and your prestigious organisation by sharing laboratory reagents to enhance the researchers ability to complete their work in a high-quality and timely fashion.

As a health biotechnologist, I am passionate about leveraging biotechnology to address health and food security challenges. Currently, I am completing my MSc in Health Biotechnology at Addis Ababa University and have a BSc in Biotechnology from Wolkite University. My research interests focus on biomanufacturing, including important enzymes, combating antimicrobial resistance, and improving nutrition.

With over four years of ambassador experience in research and a commitment to the One Health approach, I aim to bridge the gap between research and real-world applications. I have been serving as Elsevier country ambassador from 2021-2023, where we as a team outreached several high educational institutes and research centres, supporting researchers by providing smart research tools and practical skills. Therefore, the BIO4E vision aligns with my goals of making biology accessible to all. I am eager to connect with other leaders and participate in the policy bootcamp to advocate for impactful biotechnological solutions.

I hopefully look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you so much for your time and consideration!