Introducing yourself and the work you do

Hello everyone, my name is Ubaida Adamu from the Far Eastern Federal University, Vladivostok.
I am a PhD candidate at Center for Genomics, Institute of Life Sciences and Biomedicine. I am currently working on Coumarins biosynthesis and pathways, as well as their accumulations in an in vitro plant cultures.

1 Like

Pretty late in introducing myself!

My name is Roberto Calzadilla, and Iā€™m from Puerto Rico. I consider myself an evolutionary geneticist and systems biologist; but worked in infectious disease epidemiology. Officially, Iā€™m a biotechnology graduate student at Harvard. I do work in RNA+evolutionary biotechnology and currently in the middle of a stint in origin of life research (also RNA related).

people you work with/projects on COVID19-related projects:
Iā€™ve been doing research on my own for the last 10 year as a hobby since I dwell in theory and bioinformatics. Regarding COVIDā€¦ I worked with COVID-19 all too closely. I was one of the custodians for my countryā€™s pandemic data as I worked as an epi at the PR State Health Department. Every test, case, hospitalization, death, etc. I had to keep eyes on as I was responsible for cleaning the data. I just wrapped up that work and now Iā€™m going to try and do thesis workā€” hopefully even work with other people for once!

I also intensely study RNA viruses (especially +ssRNA) as these taxa are my ideal model system to study all the things Iā€™m interested in I use them as my model system to study.

Yes, Iā€™m obsessed with RNA in case it wasnā€™t obvious. :sweat_smile:

designing/expressing/testing any enzymes?
I havenā€™t done wet lab work since my undergradā€” but I want to get back to it. As it might be inferred from the previous text, Iā€™m gonna adventure into RNA related enzymes. Want to try and get a cell free system working.

Looking forward to contribute!

1 Like