If anyone is working on late stage development of POC platforms for acute respiratory illness, you might be interested in this call.
• FIND, the global alliance for diagnostics, is leading a Request for Proposals (RFP) to accelerate the development, manufacturing, and launch of point-of-care, multi-pathogen, molecular diagnostic platforms (“POC MDx”) for use in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). This RFP has been prepared in the context of the Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator (ACT-A) Diagnostics Pillar*.
• The short-term areas of focus for this RFP are: (1) suitability of the platform for use in decentralized settings, and (2) differential detection of respiratory pathogens, including COVID-19.
• A long-term goal of this RFP is to increase access to critical molecular tests,such as HIV viral load and detection of tuberculosis, by accelerating the availability of POC MDx in LMICs.
• A budget envelope of USD$25 million is available to selected manufacturers to enable development of a platform that meets a set of predefined key product requirements.
• Suppliers are expected to commit to supplying an affordable product to the public sector in LMICs and to submit a dossier for regulatory authorization by the World Health Organization Prequalification Programme.