Join our first Reimagining Biomanufacturing Journal Club

Hello All,

You are all invited to our first Reimagining Biomanufacturing Journal Club which will take placed on 2024-04-09T14:00:00Z2024-04-09T15:30:00Z (Are we meeting yet?).
The Journal Club will be run once a month on the second Tuesday at 14:00 UTC.
We have set aside 1.5h to discuss the paper, but aim not to need the full time if discussions reach a natural end beforehand.

For this first session, I will be discussing the paper: “Efficient natural plasmid transformation of Vibrio natriegens enables zero-capital molecular biology” that @joseph_shenekji posted back in February: New research designed an economical and more efficient alternative to E-coli for genetic engineering.
You can find the paper, supplementaries, and any notes from each Journal Club from this folder.

:arrow_right: Join us via Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

All are welcome to attend and take part.
Feel free to invite and share this to others in your networks who might be interested!
If you are interested in presenting a paper, please contact me to make arrangements.

See you all at the first meeting next month!

Best wishes,
Kominist

2 Likes

this is a great idea, i will definitely be there and invite all who might be interested in my community! best regards

2 Likes

Hi all,
This is a quick reminder for our 1st Reimagining Biomanufacturing journal club which will be takes place on Tomorrow 09 Apr 2024, from 14:00 - 15:30 UTC.

1 Like

thank you kmoinist for the session today, i had a couple of questions that skipped my mind about IPTG toxicity on tfox and how does it effect the expression?
and could there be another media than MCM to even reduce the natural transformation and growth even further?

Sorry for the late reply, but the Authors observed the toxicity effect of IPTG addition where strain (NC 8) exhibited low total yield. Check page 7 of the original paper for further clarification. Regarding the media, I have no clue.

no worries, Thank you for answering