Reclone Community Meeting on August 9th at 13:00 UTC ✨

The next Reclone Community Meeting will be on Wednesday, 2023-08-09T13:00:00Z via Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Maïwenn Kersaudy-Kerhoas (Heriot-Watt University, Scotland) will joins us to talk about “Open Microfluidics for Diagnostics”. Feel free to invite and share news to others in your networks who might be interested :star_struck:

You can also check our previous meetings at Events – Reagent Collaboration Network

See you all at the meeting!

5 Likes

Open microfluidics for diagnostics - Maïwenn Kersaudy-Kerhoas

Abstract
Microfluidics is the underpinning technologies behind diagnostics, from the humble lateral flow to more complex devices like the Fluidigm chips. Microfluidic research has been for many years restricted to a few elite labs with access to cleanroom equipment. However, with the advent of new prototyping technologies such as laser cutting, CNC milling or 3D printing, we have seen the access to microfluidics being progressively democratised. I will discuss these ‘open’ technologies and examples of open science in microfluidics, especially microfluidics for diagnostics, and then present the Global Frugal Diagnostic network*, a new community building exercise which aims at bridging the wetware and hardware worlds and provides better access to diagnostic R&D, especially in Low and Middle Income countries.

*You can also join the Global Frugal Diagnostics Network’s Slack group here.

1 Like

Thank you for the invite @jenny_molloy and @YKH - I am looking forward to meeting the community!

Please let me know if there is anything in particular that you’d like to hear from me!

2 Likes

Thanks for agreeing to join us and talk about your work, @Maiwenn! We’re excited to hear from you!

I hope everyone else is also looking forward to Maiwenn’s talk on “Open Microfluidics for Diagnostics”.
The meeting will start in <2h time (2023-08-09T13:00:00Z) via Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Let’s get ready to give her a warm welcome! See you all shortly! :slight_smile: