Reclone Community Meeting on March 20th at 15:00 UTC ✨

Hello Reclone Community :wave:

You’re all invited to our Community Meeting next week, on 2024-03-20T15:00:00Z (Are we meeting yet?). We will hear from @Cihan_Aydin, presenting his personal experiences on starting a lab under challenging economic and social circumstances: “From Kits to DIY - Breaking Even for a Lab on a Tight Budget”.

:arrow_right: Join us via Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

:clock3: Please note the change in the time for the meeting: a result of daylight savings starting for some folks, and a slight adjustment to accommodate for Cihan’s availability!

• :bulb: You can click that you’re Interested / Going to the event in the Event Calendar below, and also add the event to your own calendar by clicking on the […] icon on the top-right corner of the Event and selecting “Add to Calendar”.

Feel free to invite and share news to others in your networks who might be interested :star_struck:

You can also check our previous meetings at Events – Reagent Collaboration Network and our upcoming meetings in the Forum Calendar.

See you all next week!

3 Likes

This Wednesday we have our Reclone Community Meeting! :calendar:

We will hear @Cihan_Aydin presenting about “From Kits to DIY - Breaking Even for a Lab on a Tight Budget”. You can get details and confirm your presence here on our Forum!

:loudspeaker: About our speaker:

Cihan Aydin is an Assistant Professor in the Molecular Biology and Genetics Department at the Istanbul Medeniyet University, in Turkey. For his PhD, he focused on work in small molecule drug development, qSAR, structural biology and enzymology, for discerning protein-drug dynamics. He also has experience working with recombinant DNA technologies like CRISPR, protein expression and purification. Nowadays, his focus is on antimicrobial resistance mechanisms in bacteria, optimising commercially important enzymes through saturation mutagenesis, and working on a solution for biological degradation of PP and PE. He will share about his personal experiences on becoming a DIYer, and starting a lab in Turkey, under challenging economic and social circumstances.

2 Likes

It was truly an inspiring session dr. Cihan and i truly hope to hear more about your current work, i think we face common challenges in many aspects and wish to contact you for collaborations.

Thank you reclone.org for your excellent choice of speakers!

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you.
That was an impressive presentation. I tried to review the recordings of Cihan Aydin "From Kits to DIY - Breaking Even for a Lab on a Tight Budge"t and I was not able to find them under meetings.
Is this Zoom recording available at another URL?

Thankyou,
Adrian

1 Like

Hi @adrian,

Our apologies about the delay in uploading Cihan’s video, we are a little behind in processing the video to upload, but aim for it to be uploaded by the start of next week.
When it’s ready, we’ll post the direct link to it in this thread, and it will also be available on our Reclone YouTube channel at that point.

In the meantime, we’ll be posting a summary of the talk shortly, and I’m sure if you have any further questions, you can also post it here for Cihan.

Best wishes,
Yan Kay

sounds good, thank you,
Adrian