đź“– About the Open Working Sessions

Join the Open Working Sessions!

What is this for and Why should I join?
We’re trialling running these virtual (Zoom) sessions as a way to work together openly on specific tasks that could foward some of our different Community Projects.
The hope is that these sessions will also act as an informal, synchronous space for members to get to know one another, and it may give members an idea of the things the Coordination Team do behind the scenes to maintain our community.
As such, these sessions will normally not be recorded, and you can drop in/out whenever it suits you.

What we will work on each session will vary, but initial activities include:

How can I contribute?

• Tell us you plan to attend (either click “Going” or “Interested” when you see the event announcements on the Forum Calendar.
    → this helps us prepare what tasks/activities for each session.
  • Before/after attending the sessions, help post what we plan to do/did during the sessions on the relevant forum topic, so that we have documentation when following up on the tasks.
  • Can’t attend, but want to? No problem, each session will have an action list and a summary provided to support asynchronous working.
  • Invite other interested parties to join and support the work, or just have a chance to network with one another.

When and Where?
To begin with, we plan to hold Open Working Sessions (tagged open-working-sessions) as follows:

• the first Wednesday of the month between 14:00-16:00 UTC,
  • the third Wednesday of the month, between 15:00-16:00 UTC (directly after the monthly community-meetings )
  • with meetings being held via Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Interested? Come to the First Session!

Still have more questions?

Feel free to post any questions below and we’ll get back to you on it!
→ If you’re thinking it, someone else likely is thinking it too!

Or if you’d rather stay anonymous, send a message directly to @YKH.

(Thanks for reading this lengthy post… you probably deserve a badge if you’ve got to this stage and have liked this post!)

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.