As announced during our Community Meeting last week, we are back with the Reclone Symposia! Join us on 2023-10-11T13:00:00Z→2023-10-11T17:30:00Z for our Reclone Symposium 6.0:
**Building Scientific Communities through Open Science Research: Education, Communication, and Collaboration
Stay tuned here for updates! For now, you can re-watch our previous Reclone Symposia here.
For those of you who have been waiting on bated breath to hear more about the Symposium (and for those who haven’t, but are passingly interested) …
What/who is the Symposium for?
- It is virtual gathering for researchers, scientific communities, and any interested parties from all around the world, to discuss community building and open science research.
- Hopefully, it’ll be a good chance for new and existing members of the Reclone community, and folks from related communities, to get to know each other and find common ground for potential future collaborations.
- We hope also to have discussions on how to engage with, and get the most out of, your (STEM) communities, as well as intros into open wetware, hardware, software, and applied biotechnological ventures.
How to join us?
- Date/Time: Wed 11 Oct 2023 at 13:00-17:30 UTC (2023-10-11T13:00:00Z→2023-10-11T17:30:00Z)
- Location: Virtual - Zoom (register for the link) - Access external meeting - Zoom
- Any other platform: Miro may also be used, link TBA.
What to expect?
- An interactive event with panel discussions, breakout sessions, keynote talks, and hopefully a fair bit of networking!
- Schedule/More Info: Reclone Symposia – Reagent Collaboration Network (or see the image below for a first draft schedule).
If you have any questions, either refer/post into this forum topic here (Reclone Symposium 6.0 - Building Scientific Communities through Open Science Research), or message the Reclone Symposium Steering Committee directly via https://forum.reclone.org/g/symposium_committee
We’re looking forward to meeting you all!
Don’t forget to register for the upcoming Reclone Symposium!
This is our first Symposium since restarting Reclone at the end of 2022, so we wanted to use this as an opportunity for the community to get to know one another better, give you a preview of what’s up-and-coming for Reclone, and for us to try find more ways to build and grow our community together!
REGISTER TODAY AT: Access external meeting - Zoom
We are happy to announce our Keynote Speakers for the Reclone Symposium 6.0 - Building Scientific Communities through Open Science Research: Education, Communication, and Collaboration!
Join us to hear from Lou Woodley, Founder and Director of the Center for Scientific Collaboration and Community Engagement; and Vinoo Selvarajah, Vice President of Technology at iGEM.
You can check out more about the event on this Forum Topic and register at: Access external meeting - Zoom
We are pleased to announce our Panel Discussion Speakers for the Reclone Symposium!
Join us to hear from Reina Reyes, Co-Founder of Pinoy Scientists; Yo Yehudi, Co-Founder and Executive Director of Open Life Science; Scott Pownall, Co-Founder and President of the Open Science Network Society.
You probably know what we’re going to say next…
check out more about the event on this Forum Topic and register at: Access external meeting - Zoom
See you all next week!
Our Reclone Symposium 6.0 is less than 24h away!
Last but not least, we want to present our Breakout Room Topics, and our amazing Hosts & Facilitators: Diego del Balzo, Youzi Bi, André Maia Chagas, Fernan Federici, Yan-Kay Ho, Maïwenn Kersaudy Kerhoas, Edjohn Aaron Macauyag, Jenny Molloy, Francisco Javier Quero Lombardero, John Moises Relles, Romi Russi, Prince Edem Samoh, Yo Yehudi and Cibele Zolnier Sousa do Nascimento.
We look forward to welcoming you to our event focused on Building Scientific Communities through Open Science Research: Education, Communication, and Collaboration. The Symposium will take place via Zoom on October 11th, 13:00 - 17:30 UTC, and you can check out the detailed program at: Reclone Symposia – Reagent Collaboration Network
If you haven’t yet, please register at: Access external meeting - Zoom
If you know others within your community who might be interested in our Symposium, feel free to invite them along. We hope to see you all tomorrow!